Monday, July 5, 2010

The Perfect Apartment

I am really, really happy today, because I close on the perfect apartment. My dream apartment, and I am moving in a couple of weeks. For the record, I did decide on the one located 6-7 blocks from the Red Light District, because I saw that the actual location is nice, safe, and there are no comings and goings on the street. There are two schools, a church, and a park in the immediate vicinity, grocery stores, the tram, and I will also be a short 10-minute walk from work. Perfect.

The owner is taking out the carpet and replacing it with hardwood floor, plus buying some additional pieces of furniture for me, hence the move postponed to a couple of weeks instead of next weekend. To be sure about the location - safety is very important to me - I even walked there by myself at 11 o'clock at night - of course with the number of the Polizei saved on my cell phone, just in case - but there was no need for any of that.

I am ecstatic, because I think it was very important to find an apartment that I liked, that I could call home. This one gave me great vibes and a good gut feeling, so I decided to go for it. I should mention that I quickly polled friends and coworkers, and even someone from the relocation agency who is helping me settle in Zurich came along to see the place, and they all said that, while the choice was ultimately mine, they all gave the green light and, in their opinion, it was a place that I should not let go.

Also, tomorrow I start work, although I have already met my coworkers and I found them all to be really nice and welcoming. I can't wait to start.

2 comments:

Kina said...

I love your blog! Keep up the posts but you need to add some pictures!!!

Federica said...

Thanks!!! I added some pictures to my next post.